Tuesday 26 July 2011

Honey I'm Home!

After an emotional goodbye (I really didn't want to leave!) and a 26hour journey, I finally arrived home at around 1am BST Monday morning having not slept for the majority of the journey (a 30 minute nap from Munich to London doesn't particularly count)! I have had such an amazing three weeks in South Korea, learning and experiencing so much and have met some truly amazing people that I hope to keep in touch with for a long time to come.

I am also extremely fortunate that it is nearly my 21st birthday and so my parents have bought me a 120hour advanced online TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course as a present. Not only will this hopefully allow me to earn a few extra pennies giving lessons when I'm studying in Martinique (a Caribbean island) and Rouen (France) but also means I can return to South Korea as a teacher once I graduate. I'm looking forward to it already! When I was on the plane home, I spoke to the Korean guy sat next to me about the exchange program and my aspirations who further encouraged me to go for it, especially given my 'excellent' pronunciation of 감사합니다 (gamsahabnida - thank you) to the air-hostess. Well when it's one of the few words you can say... haha.

I'm now making the most of being at my parents, catching up on sleep amongst other things as it's only 5 weeks until I fly out to the Caribbean to begin my first semester in a French speaking country. Well, when given the choice, France just seems a bit blasé! I promise to update about the rest of my time in Korea (as well why I was actually out there in the first place for those who keep asking) but it's back to bed soon before heading in to China town in Leeds tomorrow to buy decorations for my 'oriental themed' birthday party!

The fun never stops :)
EmJ x

No comments:

Post a Comment