Sunday 7 August 2011

Mon 21ème Anniversaire

Ever since I was a little girl, my Auntie and I have always said we'd have a joint 21st and 50th birthday party seeing as our birthdays are only two days (and 29 years!) apart. So last night, over 60 friends and family descended on the Jones' household for an 'oriental' themed party, so chosen because of my recent travels and the fact that I'd already had a Caribbean theme for my leaving Bangor party!



As well as decorating the house and the whole garden with what felt like 101 balloons, lanterns and candles, my friend's Mum made me the most beautiful oriental birthday cake and once it got dark we set off 21 Chinese lanterns which thankfully this time were a success (no chasing burning paper bags over windy Welsh fields this time)!


I was so grateful that so many people made the effort to come from near and far to make my night special. Despite sleeping under the gazebo in the garden (there was not a single room in the house that didn't have at least one person snoring) I had such a fantastic time and only wish I was capable of being in more than one place at once so I could have spoken to everyone for a bit longer.

Thank you so much to everyone that came and helped out in any way with the organising and of course to my parents for letting me take over the house and bearing all the stress involved in organising a party!

I think my Auntie Shirley enjoyed it too!
EmJx

P.S: Please note I still have just over two weeks until my actual birthday (and therefore the same amount of time to complete my challenges)!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you and A. Shirl had such a good time! Don't expect the same though when you're 22!! Mum xx

    ReplyDelete