Wednesday 24 August 2011

The final challenge (kind of)!

So as I hinted in my initial and latest posts, I'm going to be cutting about 10" (25.4cm) off my hair... for charity. As it has been over a year since I last had my hair cut in Canada (thank you Alex!) I thought it was time for a change, especially as I will be going to the Caribbean for four months where it's going to be, well, rather warm to say the least!

Therefore, this Friday I'll be getting my hair cut by the Glamour Room in Bangor, who have kindly agreed to do it free of charge as it's for The Little Princesses Trust, a charity that helps children suffering hair loss due to cancer treatment. Those who know me well will know how much I hate going to the hairdressers (I'd rather go to the dentist, at least you get a sticker!) so although this is not a bungee jump, a marathon or hideously long bike ride, it's still a pretty big thing for me!

Although getting a haircut certainly doesn't require any training (unless I'm late for the appointment in which case I'll run there), I have been deep conditioning my hair every 2 -3 days, piling on the reconstructing serum and avoiding the hair dryer and straighteners as much as possible (it's looking the best it ever has)! The hair that I have cut off will then be used to provide a realistic looking wig for someone aged between 2 and 18 suffering hair loss due to cancer treatment. Just watching some of the videos on The Little Princesses Trust's website highlights how much these wigs mean to these children and how it boosts their confidence tremendously.

I have already managed to raise nearly £50 in sponsorship to help cover the costs of making the wigs (thank you very much to all those who have donated) however if you're feeling generous, and wish to donate to this for this fantastic cause you can do at my Just Giving Page, it would be greatly appreciated.

Before and after pictures to be uploaded once it's done... eeep!
EmJx

1 comment:

  1. Emma! This is so awesome. I'm so excited to see the end result!! Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete