Tuesday 3 November 2020

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Turn and face the strange. 

I realised upon publishing my last post how much has changed since I last wrote on here. At the beginning of the lockdown I was making plans for all the things I could do with the extra time - no more commuting, fewer classes, no evening plans... but somehow several months disappeared into a thin air. 

A lot has changed since my last post. A whole 7 months passed.  I had a housemate move in (and out), found a hamster (then a home for said hamster), and switched from binge watching Friends to The Sopranos.  I taught online, then in person for a grand total of 7 days, then online again for 3.  

I have two less dogs (one with a happy ending, the other unfortunately not), got significantly larger, then a little slimmer (the quarantine 15 struggle is real), and actually managed to travel out of Beijing for a little over a week. 

Some things, however, didn’t change. I didn’t become a yoga goddess, learn to make vegan cheese, nor make any progress on my “to read/watch later” lists (if anything, the slow internet made me add more to them)!

In all honestly, online learning took a lot more out of me than I expected. 

So I may not have achieved everything I hoped to on my list, but that’s ok.  I survived.  I finished a book. I learnt how to use Zoom, Seesaw and a whole host of online learning platforms.  And the bathroom got re-grouted.  And that for me is enough.


As of November 3rd:
1,804 unwatched YouTube videos on my 'to watch later' playlist.
550 unread emails.
6 unread paper books (+ 1 kindle).
2 dogs.
153 episodes of Friends left to watch.
No more tins of beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment