Thursday 15 August 2024

Bro Gozh ma Zadoù, Land of My Fathers

One thing I've always struggled with the up-keeping of this blog is the feeling that I have to have written something substantial and made a hundred and one revisions before I hit publish. Maybe it's because I usually leave it so long between posts that I just have so much to say, maybe it's a bit of perfectionism, but I've found as I'm getting older (34 next week!) that I forget so much of the amazing things I have learnt or got up to and instead never write anything. The plan going forward is therefore to aim for frequency rather than perfectionism. So here is a short but sweet update from today. 

Well, today I was 33 years old when I learnt the Breton anthem, Bro Gozh ma Zadoù, is sung to the same tune as the Welsh National Anthem, Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau, and has similar lyrics. Having lived in both Brittany and Wales in my late teens, I'm surprised it's taken me this long to figure it out! 


In the afternoon we went to go see It Ends With Us, aka the slowest but also rather sad movie, and in the evening tried a delicious new Greek comfort food recipe, manestra, although I'm pretty sure E called it something different!  I made it with plant based beef and was a bit unsure about adding mint and cinnamon at first but still turned out absolutely amazing and would deffo make again (maybe with a small tin of tinned tomatoes rather than just the paste though). 100% recommended as a quick and easy weeknight meal and it meant we could eat up the spanakopita from the freezer as a cheeky side. I'm one step closer to eating up everything in my house before I move, the move being another, longer story for another day!  Keeping it brief for now, all that remains is to see if I can keep it up :) 

θα δούμε (tha doúme) / we'll see.
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment